Saturday, May 5, 2007

Short tip

Here's a short tip to why you should mill whole grains at home.

The time it takes to grab a bag of dead flour is no less than when I mill my own whole grains. I just toss the grains into the Nutrimill, turn it on and by the time I gather the ingredients for a recipe, the mill is done.

The Nurtimill has even saved us money! My family of 5 eats pizza every Friday night (our family tradition). We used to order 3 large pizzas from Papa Johns. Costing us between 30 and 40 dollars each Friday night. Now I make 3 16 inch pizza crusts ahead of time using fresh ingredients (with possibly less fats/grease) for around $10.00! The mill had been paid for itself in less than three months on pizza night alone!

So you see, there's really not too great of a difference in using store bought flour and milling your own whole grains at home. The big difference however, is the health benefits of eating freshly milled whole grains versus bleached dead bagged flour.

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: